Saturday, April 16, 2005

the first step


as-salamu 'alaykum wa rahmetullah wa barakatu hu
may peace be upon you and the infinite mercy and blessings of allah.

"the time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things ..."
alice in wonderland, by lewis carroll

greetings dear friends,

where to begin? perhaps with a first step.

the first step
    to have no thought and put forth no effort
    is the first step towards understanding the tao

    to go nowhere and do nothing
    is the first step towards finding peace in the tao

    to start from no point and follow no road
    is the first step towards reaching the tao
yellow emperor's classic of internal medicine

it seems the time has come to begin keeping a blog - something that has been on my mind since christine discovered audio blogs a week or so ago and since being reminded that is has been more than a year since i last made an entry in my first blog / online diary.

i am thrilled with the possibility of using audo blogs as it requires so much less effort for me to talk than to write, and especially since i have - in recent weeks - been opening up new realms in my conversations and my speech - realms that have opened up to me as i have discovered the freedom of talking about god - beginning with my conversations with justin since his baptism on easter sunday.

a word or two about the name i am using. i was give the name ruh - ruh nabil - when i took hand with the nur ashki jerrahi sufi order last thanksgiving, and i became a grandpa just over a month ago - when tanya gave birth to isabella sophia on march 7 - and i adopted the name grandpa ruh in my first email to my grandchild that i shared with members of my extended family.

enough for now - time to try out an audio blog

in peace

grandpa ruh

No comments: